What We Do
Supporting our community by connecting
volunteers to the needs of local people.
1. To identify gaps in community care, to respond to the needs of the elderly, disabled and isolated people in the New Mills District; meeting those identified gaps, which can be met appropriately by volunteer activity.
2. To recruit, support and train volunteers and offer opportunities for integration, therefore enhancing the quality of life for both client and volunteer.
1. To listen to existing and potential users and respond to requests as appropriate.
2. To work in partnership with statutory and non-statutory agencies about potential clients and client needs and to respond as appropriate.
3. To identify needs for social activity and to provide appropriate services.
At present these services include:
a. Transport/escorting eg for medical appointments, social, or personal need.
b. A regular shopping service for the housebound.
c. Help with garden maintenance and simple DIY tasks.
e. Groups at the Centre.
f. Shopping and other outings.
1. To provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in community and voluntary sector activity in the New Mills area.
2. To recruit and support volunteers; to offer volunteering opportunities to people, some of whom may have a range of disabilities.
3. To provide appropriate training for volunteers.
4. To provide open access premises offering a welcoming atmosphere and a safe, caring and trusting environment.
5. To recognise and provide equal opportunities.
6. To encourage volunteers to fulfill their potential.
7. To provide work experience for unemployed/retired volunteers where possible.
8. To continue expectations already raised in the community, to deliver a quality service to clients and a structure for volunteers through the centre.
This statement was revised in March 2010
Revision date: April 2011