MVC is open 10 – 4pm, Monday to Friday, where a member of staff will be available to provide information and or advice, along with some of our normal support services during this crisis.
Please just call us at the office on 01663 744 196.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY WHO HAS STOOD UP AND HELPED OTHERS – THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN AMAZING!
WHAT A TRULY GREAT PLACE WE LIVE IN!
A massive thank you to all our new and existing volunteers. Your help has kept our community together and is further helping support those in need.
We have received an amazing amount of support by way of new volunteers and in order to manage and provide our best response service to the community we have closed our registration for new volunteers for the short term. NMVC are asking new volunteers to register directly with the Derbyshire County Council Community Response Unit Scheme
Beverley Jenkinson – General Manager NMVC
Have you volunteered to support those in Isolation?
Services we are providing:
• ‘Check in and Chat’ – connecting our community through telephone befriending a service for everybody, if you are self-isolating, feeling anxious, confused and or lonely.
• Prescriptions delivery – Using Volunteers with an Enhanced DBS in place to collect and deliver prescriptions from local pharmacies for those in self-isolation.
• Acting as a Crisis Community Hub – Working with the NHS, local councils and community groups including NM Helping Hands and Mutual Aid groups.
• Emergency Transport – to essential medical appointments that can not be rearranged.
• Help Line – Responding and following up every enquiry and signposting where necessary to support a positive outcome
The following services are currently suspended
• All Group social activities
• Non essential travel appointments
• IT training
• Weekly ShopAround Service
• Home Befriending visits
• Minibus Hire/Transport
NMVC office is currently closed to face-to-face visitors, however we remain fully operational, working hard to support all who are vulnerable and self-isolating.
Local information during self-isolation
Coronavirus Support Directory – available from the High Peak CVS
Please click http://highpeakcvs.org.uk/directory.asp to access a directory of support services across the High Peak you can access for employment/benefits/business help, foodbanks, health advice, isolation support, mental health, parcel couriers, recreation, shop delivery, transport and volunteer centres.
Derbyshire County Council’s Community Response Team
Call the Community Response team to find out who could help you with shopping, food delivery, travel, etc . Call: 01629 535091 https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/social-health/health-and-wellbeing/health-protection/disease-control/coronavirus/community-response-unit/community-response-unit.aspx
Getting medical help from home – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Contact the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/getting-medical-help-at-home/ for information and advise or call 111
• Advice for everyone
• Advice for people at higher risk
• Symptoms and what to do
• Self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms
• Coronavirus in children